J Dub’s 1 Hour Yeasty Rolls is extremely easy. Seriously, who doesn’t want homemade bread in an hour? When I bake, I use a kitchen scale so that my ingredients are EXACT. I have owned several, but my favorite brand is Taylor. This scale is not expensive and will make your baking results so much better.
375 ml (1 1/2cups ) of warm water
2 1/4 teaspoons Quick Rise Yeast (7 grams) (I use Red Star)
2 tablespoons sugar (24 grams)
4 tablespoons room temperature butter (56 grams)
1 teaspoon kosher salt (6 grams) (I use Red Diamond)
4 cups bread flour (512 grams) (I use King Arthur)
4 tablespoons melted butter for brushing tops
Sea salt to sprinkle over rolls
Directions For Mixing
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water and let stand for five minutes until foamy.
- Change out the whisk attachment for the dough hook and turn mixer to low speed.
- With mixer running, gradually add the 4 cups of flour and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the salt and mix again.
- Add 4 tablespoons room temperature butter to the yeast mixture and turn mixer to lowest setting
- Continue mixing kneading the dough until the dough starts to pull away for the sides of the mixing bowl. This can take anywhere from 4-6 minutes depending on your mixer motor.
- The dough will be slightly sticky to the touch when it starts to pull away from the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a warm towel and allow the dough to rest and rise approximately 25 minutes.
Directions for Baking
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. You can also use a 9 X 13 casserole dish lined with parchment.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons flour on a cool surface.
- Gently punch the dough down in the bowl and remove from bowl to the floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal portions using the flour you sprinkled on your surface to keep dough from sticking. I just eyeball the size I want. But, you can use a scale that will help to make sure the dough balls are of equal size.
- Place the dough balls next to each other allowing them to touch.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sea salt to your taste.
- Allow the balls to rise again for approximately 25 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush again with any left over melted butter.
I hope you enjoy J Dub’s 1 Hour Yeasty rolls. Let me know what you think!
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission. If you don’t feel comfortable with this, you can do a google search (instead of clicking on my links) to find my recommendations. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website!