Have you struggled with how to clean your patio cushions?
Spring has sprung and that means lots and lots of time outdoors.
Who wants to sit on a dirty, mildewed patio cushion?
And, I don’t want to buy new cushions either.
We have had our outdoor patio furniture for 5 years. However, it is constantly covered in dirt and grime.
We live in a constant construction zone.
One day, in the near future, there will be an end to this construction. I will not be buying new patio furniture.
And, right now, on the weekends when the construction equipment is parked, we love to sit on the patio.
I still don’t want to sit in the filth.
Here is the method I have found to clean my cushions that I have found to work fabulously! Even on white cushions.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
5 gallon bucket
1/2 cup granular Tide
1/2 cup Borax
1/2 cup vinegar
Lint free rag or cloth
water hose with jet spray nozzle
- Place the Tide, Borax, and vinegar in the 5 gallon bucket.
- Add the vinegar.
- Using your water hose, gently fill the bucket with water. (You do not have to be exact).
- The mixture will foam up so don’t turn the water on full blast.
- Using a lint free rag, sponge the mixture onto your cushions and pillows liberally.
- Use a scrub brush to work on any stains.
- After generously soaking the entire cushion, place them in the sun for 15 minutes.
- After the first 15 minutes, flip them and repeat the process for another 15 minutes.
- Next, turn your hose sprayer to jet and spray the cushions with water until no suds run out.
- Flip the cushions on their side, zipper side down and allow to dry completely.
- You are now ready to enjoy your just like new patio cushions the entire season.
Your clean cushions will smell and look amazing. And, you will enjoy your clean cushions on patio season long.
I do this method about 5 times during patio season. This method has never worn my cushions out.
In fact, they still look brand new.
Drop me a comment and let me know what you think of my patio cushion cleaning method.
Looking For More DIY’s?
Don’t forget to try my method to clean all your glass surfaces. You will never rely on Windex again.
Have you seen the DIY outdoor dining space I just completed?
Have you ever dried an artichoke? This DIY is so easy to complete. You will end up with the most gorgeous muted dried pieces to use in all your floral decor.
Have you seen my Aged Pot Tutorial? It’s a great way to transform any piece of pottery into an aged antique beauty!
My fig topiary is the perfect gift for your favorite gardener.
How About Some Recipes?
Have you tried my Carrot Cake Banana Bread? It is outstanding – and you can leave it naked or ice it with my light vanilla cream cheese icing.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your Easter brunch. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at Easter brunch or at your next pool party.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite.
My Monterey Jack Salsa will be your next favorite dip this summer.