Make these cute free form heart shaped cookies for your Valentine!
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and mix again.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Next, add vanilla and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, oats, and baking powder.
- Whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Gently pour the flour mixture into the creamed butter and sugar and mix on low until just combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add chocolate chips and M & M’s.
- Gently stir by hand to combine.
- If you need to use your mixer, dump the dough into a clean bowl and then seal with seran wrap. Spray the wrap to keep it come sticking to the dough.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat your oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a large serving spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out dough onto cookie sheets. These cookies will be large.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 8-10 minutes until they start to brown on the edges are just set in the center of the cookie.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on sheet to set for a few minutes. Then, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- This is a chunky cookie, if they want to brown to much on the bottom as they are baking, place an empty cookie sheet on the bottom rack of your oven. Then back your cookies on the top rack.
- You will need to adjust your baking time, if you leave your cookies in the freezer more than 30 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven while they look underbaked so that you can easily shape them. Otherwise, they will break.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus overnight chill time))
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: heart shaped cookies, whatever cookies