Here’s a great fall trail mix to keep you energized all day long!
1/2 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup shelled pistachios
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
1/2 cup green raisins
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t kosher salt
- Add all of the nuts to a cast iron skillet
- Turn the heat on low, and stir the nuts to combine.
- Pour the maple syrup over the nuts and stir to mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent sticking on the bottom of the skillet.
- Turn the heat off and add the pumpkin pie spice and kosher salt.
- Stir to mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the maple syrup nut mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture out.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and allow the nut mixture to cool for approximately 2 hours.
- Take the baking sheet out of the fridge and break the mixture into bite size pieces.
- Add all of the dried fruit to the nut mixture and mix well.
- Store in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus 2 hours chilling time)
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: trail mix, fall snacks