My DIY Succulent Moss Wreath is a statement maker for SURE!
I start with a grapevine wreath base.
You can make this wreath any size to fit the scale of your mantel and/or doors.
You can also display it on a flat surface and place a candle in the center.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission.
Grapevine wreath (mine is 20 inches diameter)
- Using floral paddle wire, wrap the moss completely around the grapevine moss.
- Cut the wire using wire snips.
- Secure the ends of the wire around the back of the grapevine wreath so that it does not come undone.
- Using a skewer stick, poke a hole into the moss large enough to place the stem of the succulent into the hole.
- Remove the succulent from the grower pot and place hot glue on the stem.
- Place the succulent into the skewered hole.
- If the succulent still wants to wobble, you can secure it with a florist pin.
- I placed a variety of succulents around the entire wreath, but it also look good with just one section of the wreath filled with succulents.
- After you have styled the succulents as you wish, then water the wreath thoroughly to soak the moss.
- Then hang or place the wreath where you would like.
- The hot glue does not hurt or kill the succulent in any way. If you own a commercial glue gun, I would recommend turning it down to a lower setting. Other than that, the succulents will continue to grow and put out new roots through the glue.
- I water my wreath deeply once a week while it is hanging on the mantel.
Photos of the Process
I you will re-create this easy statement making DIY succulent moss wreath. Drop me a comment below and tell me how you plan to display your unique one of a kind creation.
Looking For More DIY’s?
You can age some basic terracotta pots into beautiful one of kind vessels using my simple method.
Check out this beautiful spring/summer wreath you can create in an hour or less with just a few supplies.
Easily dry artichokes for pretty decor to showcase around your home all year long.
Need to tackle your dirty windows? I have the perfect homemade cleaner that will ensure you never buy Windex again,
Do your patio cushions need some TLC? I have that recipe for homemade cushion cleaner as well!
Have you purchased your ferns for your porches? I have the best way to keep them healthy and lush green all summer long.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™
MarissaMay 17, 2022 4:34 pm
This is GORGEOUS! I am so glad to see you create this DIY. You make it look so easy. I am planning to create mine this weekend. Just so stunning Jennifer. Your content ROCKS!
BelindaMay 17, 2022 5:00 pm
I am going to make one these for my moms birthday. She loves succulents so much! I love your unique ideas Jennifer. So well done.
LandonMay 17, 2022 5:46 pm
I love this so much! So gorgeous! Trying this for sure.
RileyMay 17, 2022 5:47 pm
STUNNING! You have the BEST ideas! I want to make one for my sister. She loves succulents.
MarieMay 18, 2022 5:02 am
Gorgeous! I’ve always wanted to make one of these! I didn’t realize you can use a glue gun to attach the succulents!