This cake is perfect for the holiday season. And, it looks as beautiful as it is delicious.
- 3 cups flour (360 grams)
- 2 cups sugar (400 grams)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups (149 grams) whole fresh cranberries
- 1 cup toasted (120 grams) pistachios
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk (227 ml)
- 1 cup room temperature butter (227 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 –4 teaspoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon melted butter, cooled
- chopped toasted pistachios
- chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Whip butter.
- Add sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together.
- Add flour to sugar mixture, alternating with buttermilk.
- Mix until combined.
- Add vanilla, orange juice, and orange zest and mix again.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add in pistachios and cranberries.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Pour into bundt pan and drop the pan a few times to remove in air bubbles.
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes, checking at 50 minutes to see if a tooth pick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool in pan on a cooling rack
- Once cool, flip over to remove from pan.
- Drizzle with icing.
- Sift your powdered sugar.
- Then add melted butter, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Whisk to mix together.
- Add more orange juice as needed until icing is consistency to pour over cake.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-55 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pound cake, Pistachio Cranberry Pound Cake