My Cranberry Pistachio Pound Cake is the perfect festive dessert to serve during the holiday season.
The fresh squeezed orange juice gives the perfect background flavor to show off the cranberries and pistachios in this cake.
And, the fresh cranberries add just the right amount of tart to this buttery sweet cake.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Cranberry Pistachio Pound Cake
- Total Time: 18 minute
- Yield: 1 cake 1x
This cake is perfect for the holiday season. And, it looks as beautiful as it is delicious.
- 3 cups flour (360 grams)
- 2 cups sugar (400 grams)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups (149 grams) whole fresh cranberries
- 1 cup toasted (120 grams) pistachios
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk (227 ml)
- 1 cup room temperature butter (227 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 –4 teaspoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon melted butter, cooled
- chopped toasted pistachios
- chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Whip butter.
- Add sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together.
- Add flour to sugar mixture, alternating with buttermilk.
- Mix until combined.
- Add vanilla, orange juice, and orange zest and mix again.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add in pistachios and cranberries.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Pour into bundt pan and drop the pan a few times to remove in air bubbles.
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes, checking at 50 minutes to see if a tooth pick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool in pan on a cooling rack
- Once cool, flip over to remove from pan.
- Drizzle with icing.
- Sift your powdered sugar.
- Then add melted butter, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Whisk to mix together.
- Add more orange juice as needed until icing is consistency to pour over cake.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-55 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pound cake, Pistachio Cranberry Pound Cake
I would love to know how you served my Cranberry Pistachio Pound Cake this holiday season. Drop me a comment below.
Looking For More Holiday Desserts?
You definitely want to try out my Holiday Pound Cake with Old Fashioned Caramel Icing.
My apple rosettes are a statement worthy dessert that are surprisingly easy to create.
J Dub’s Lemon Meringue Cheesecake is the perfect way to end a meal.
For the chocolate lover……you do not want to miss my Chocolate Chunk Pound Cake.
Looking For Some Christmas DIY’s?
For your front door, you don’t want to miss my tutorial on making your own Christmas swags.
And these bottle brush trees will be adorable Christmas decor anywhere in your home.
Have you seen my DIY Nutcracker Napkin Fold? It’s such a beautiful way to dress up your holiday table and sneak a sweet treat inside.
If you have always struggled making bows for all your holiday decor, check out my simple video tutorial.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™!
Leave a Comment