With my Christmas candle wrap DIY, you can make unique and fun candles for any area of your home all year long.
Any decorative napkin will work.
And, tissue paper works extremely well too.
You can even apply this technique to colored candles using metallic tissue paper.
Also, if you have white candles that have stain marks from coming in contact with colored wax, with my Christmas candle wrap DIY, you can easily cover that area.
Just follow the simple steps below!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Napkins/tissue paper of your choice
blow dryer/heat gun
- If you are using a napkin, remove all layers but the one with the decorative piece you will be using. With tissue paper, you can skip this step.
- Cut around the shape you will be transferring to the candle.
- Place the shape on the candle.
- While holding the decorative piece, place a piece of wax paper over the design.
- Using the heat gun or blow dryer on low, gradually move around the design, melting the design into the wax.
- I start with the candle on its side, then once the design starts to adhere, I turn the candle vertical and finish the process.
- You will know it is working when you see the design become shiny.
- If you get some bubbles within the design on the candle, use the flat slide of your scissors to smooth it out.
- Allow the candle to cool.
- Once cool, gently peel away the wax paper.
- Style your candle and ENJOY!
- I recommend using the heat gun and the blow dryer on low. If you turn them to high, the candle will start to melt very quickly.
- For colored candles, metallic tissue paper works best. If you use a paper napkin, the colored candle wax will bleed through and change your design.
Photos of Process
Have fun styling these candles all around your home.
Please drop me a comment and let me know what you think of my Christmas Candle Wrap DIY! Enjoy.
Pin For Later!
Looking For More DIY’s?
Check out my minimalist Christmas Terrarium.
This DIY is unbelievably simple and will create a stunning focal point on your coffee table.
Check out my fun DIY with Bottle Brush Trees and a sugar mold.
If you or your neighbor has pampas grass, then you should be making your very own pampas grass Christmas tree. Check out the DIY here.
How About Some Recipes?
You have got to try my Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Banana Bread. It is outstanding – even if you are not a fan of pumpkin.
My S’Mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are a hit with both kids and adults.
Both are outstanding.