My Chocolate Chunk Pound Cake is the perfect dessert for chocolate lovers.
You can drizzle it with my homemade fudge icing, or just sprinkle with powdered sugar instead.
Either way, this dessert deserves a place on your holiday menus.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Chocolate Chunk Pound Cake
- Total Time: 16 minute
- Yield: 1 cake 1x
My Chocolate Chunk Pound Cake is perfect for chocolate lovers.
- 3 cups flour (360 grams)
- 2 cups sugar (400 grams)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (42 grams) baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 shot of espresso (22 grams) or 1 teaspoon espresso powder (? Grams)
- 1 cup buttermilk (227 ml)
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (112 grams), chopped roughly
- 1 cup room temperature butter (227 grams)
- 1/2 cup butter (113 grams)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (42 grams)
- 1 shot espresso (22 grams)
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk (85 grams)
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted to remove lumps (224 grams)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Whip butter.
- Add sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together.
- Add flour to sugar mixture, alternating with milk.
- Mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and mix again.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add in chopped chocolate.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Pour into bundt pan and drop the pan a few times to remove in air bubbles.
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes, checking at 50 minutes to see if a tooth pick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool in pan on a cooling rack
- Once cool, flip over to remove from pan.
- Drizzle with icing.
- Add butter, cocoa powder, espresso, and buttermilk to medium sauce pan
- Bring to a boil, whisking continuously.
- Add sifted powdered sugar and continue to whisk until thickened.
- Pour over cooled cake.
- Instead of the icing, you can serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and crushed toasted pecans.
- Or, serve with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 -55 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: holiday recipes, chocolate chunk cake, chocolate cake
Let me know what you think of my Chocolate Chunk Pound Cake with Fudge Icing.
Looking for More Holiday Desserts?
You definitely want to try out my Holiday Pound Cake with Old Fashioned Caramel Icing.
My apple rosettes are a statement worthy dessert that are surprisingly easy to create.
J Dub’s Lemon Meringue Cheesecake is the perfect way to end a meal.
My Cranberry Pistachio Pound Cake is as pretty as it is delicious, and definitely needs a place at the dessert table.
Looking For More Snacks and Appetizer Recipes?
You will love my Rosemary Cashews.
And, you also need to try my Spiced Pecans.
Have you tried my Falling For Fall Trail Mix Recipe? It is outstanding.
You don’t want to miss my Mexican Spinach Artichoke Dip. The smoked cheese takes it to the next level.
If you are a queso lover, my recipe is screaming your name.
Who doesn’t love pickles? My dill pickle dip is great any time of year.
Don’t forget to try out my J Dub’s Black Eyed Pea Dip. Its another hot dip that all your friends and family will be asking you to put on repeat.
How About Some DIY’s?
I’ve got you covered for fall and Christmas.
Check out my DIY Fall Table using Wood Remnants to set the most perfect Thanksgiving table – indoor or outside.
If you are looking for a centerpiece for your table that is not only easy, but WOW worthy, check out my floating candle floral centerpiece.
Christmas will be here before you know it. So check out my recommendations for lighting and decorating your Christmas tree.
For your front door, you don’t want to miss my tutorial on making your own Christmas swags.
And these bottle brush trees will be adorable Christmas decor anywhere in your home.
Don’t forget to try my method to clean all your glass surfaces. You will never rely on Windex again.
Have you seen the DIY outdoor dining space I just completed?
My old and tired wooden table and chairs got a whole new lease on life!
Here’s another DIY furniture project where I also used wax. The finish is fabulous!.
Have you ever dried an artichoke? This DIY is so easy to complete. You will end up with the most gorgeous muted dried pieces to use in all your floral decor.
Do you want to create a beautiful moss wreath like mine? I have a tutorial! This would an excellent gift for that special lady for in your life.
Have you seen my Aged Pot Tutorial? It’s a great way to transform any piece of pottery into an aged antique beauty!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™!
BrendaNovember 4, 2022 3:32 pm
I made this last night for a get together this weekend. Holy smokes it’s good.
VanessaNovember 4, 2022 3:33 pm
I am a hard Core chocolate connoisseur. It’s hard to impress me. This dessert is a bases loaded home run!
JillNovember 7, 2022 5:56 pm
Made this last night. Easy to follow printable recipe with simple ingredients. It is delicious and my family loves it!
Thank you for sharing!