Carrot Cake Banana Bread is an update on traditional banana bread.
And, it is the perfect bread to bake this spring.
Unbelievably moist, it is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
David eats it as fast as I pull it out of the oven.
Big D is not a big fan of icing. Naked for him ONLY.
But, if you want a little more sweetness, top this bread with my cream cheese icing.
The icing is also included in the recipe below.Print
Carrot Cake Banana Bread is my twist on classic banana bread.
- 1/2 c (113 grams) butter, softened
- 1/2 c (99 grams) sugar
- 1/2 c (106 grams) brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (300 grams) flour
- 1 t (6 grams) baking soda
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (99 grams) shredded carrots
- 1 c (113 grams) toasted walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 T (14 grams) vanilla
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t ginger
Ingredients for Icing
- 1/2 cup (99 grams) butter, softened
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c ( 90 grams) powder sugar
- 1 T (14 grams) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease one loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream sugars and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Add in mashed bananas and mix.
- Next add the carrots and mix again.
- Finish up with the remaining spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger) and vanilla and walnuts.
- Mix again.
- Pour the mixture in the greased loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 45-48 minutes, but check often to make sure the cake is not over done.
- You want the center to be slightly underdone when you remove it from the oven.
- Remove it from oven and allow to cool completely in loaf pan. This will ensure it finishes baking in the middle without drying out the edges.
- Once cooled, flip the loaf out onto cooling rack.
Directions for Icing
- While cake is baking, using a stand mixer, mix butter and cream cheese together.
- Add in powder sugar and mix again.
- Add the vanilla and mix one more time.
- Spread on completely cooled cake.
- Top the icing with additional toasted walnuts if desired.
- Cake is best kept refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- To toast nuts, place on a cookie sheet in 300 degree Fahrenheit oven for 12 -15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: breads
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana carrot cake bread
I hope you try this unbelievably moist carrot cake banana bread soon.
Do you prefer your desserts iced or naked? Let me know!
Looking For Some More Spring Recipes?
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your Easter brunch. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
J Dub’s Whatever Cookies – Easter Addition are a fun cookie to make with the kiddos.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at Easter brunch or at your next pool party.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite.
My roasted vegetable pie is a great side dish to incorporate all your summer garden vegetables.
Do you Love DIY’s and Gardening?
Check out these two fun DIY’s for Easter…..
Egg and Moss Topiary
Have you seen more college kiddo bedroom refresh?
I give you some easy tips to allow you to use your college kiddos room as a guest bedroom when they are away at school.
My fig topiary is the perfect gift for your favorite gardener.
Spring is just around the corner. I overwinter my ferns in my greenhouse and do a few things right before they come out for spring and summer.
Click here to see my tips and learn how I fertilize my green goddesses for lush fronds all summer long.
If you are always on the lookout for unusual plants to incorporate in your garden, you will definitely want to check out Whale’s Tongue Agave for your landscaping.