My browned butter Pistachio Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the perfect cookie.
The browned butter give this cookie an extra layer of divineness.
The pistachios give the crunch and touch of salt.
And, the chunks of chocolate provide the gooeyness we all want in every single bite.Print
Browned Butter Pistachio Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Total Time: 0 minute
- Yield: 20 cookies 1x
Meet your new favorite chocolate chip cookie.
- 2 1/4 cups (270 grams ) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (2.5 grams) cornstarch
- 1 cup (2270grams) browned butter, room temperature (see notes below)
- 1/2 cup (106 grams) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (66 grams) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup (298 grams) semi sweet chocolate, chopped in chunks
- 1 1/2 cup (180 grams) roasted/salted pistachios
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat browned butter and white and brown sugar together until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix just until incorporated.
- Add vanilla paste and stir again.
- With mixer running, add flour mixture.
- Mix until incorporated but do not overmix.
- Remove bowl from stand, and add in chocolate and pistachios.
- Stir by hand to incorporate.
- Using a scale, scoop out 2 ounces of dough for each cookie.
- Place on parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Chill at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 5 cookies on a sheet leaving space for the cookies to spread.
- Bake cookies 14-16 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and allow to sit on the cookie sheet 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Browned Butter –
Melt 4 sticks of salted butter in a cast iron skillet on low heat. Once melted, turn heat to medium and whisk constantly for 5-10 minutes until the butter turns a golden brown. Remove from burner and allow to cool slightly before pouring into a container. Allow to cool completely before chilling in refrigerator to allow it to solidify. You will remove the browned butter from refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. 1 pound of butter will give you a little over 1 1/2 cups of browned butter.
- use high quality chocolate bars and cut them into chunks. Chocolate chips will not give you the same cookie.
- all ingredients need to be at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes (plus chilling)
- Cook Time: 14-16 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chunk cookies, pistachio, browned butter chocolate pistachio chocolate chunk cookies
Drop me a comment below and let me know what you think of these cookies!
Pin For Later!
Looking for More Recipes?
Have you tried my Piña Colada Pound Cake? It’s a summer favorite around our house.
My Sausage Klobasniky is a great savory sausage kolache to serve for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Definitely try out my “Whatever Cookies”! Change out the M & M’s to celebrate any occasion any time of year.
If you are looking for a great summer sandwich, my Turkey, Bacon, and Avocado Sandwich is the bomb.
Have you tried my Balsamic Red Wine Pot Roast? It is the most fantastic old school way to cook a roast. Perfect for Sunday dinner and/or dinner guests.
My Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies are the perfect base for the oh so perfect ice cream sandwich.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your Easter brunch. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at Easter brunch or at your next pool party.
This Carrot Banana Bread is unbelievably easy to make and addictive.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite.
My roasted vegetable pie is a great side dish to incorporate all your summer garden vegetables.
How About Some DIY’S?
Check out this beautiful spring/summer wreath you can create in an hour or less with just a few supplies.
Need to tackle your dirty windows? I have the perfect homemade cleaner that will ensure you never buy Windex again.
Do your patio cushions need some TLC? I have that recipe for homemade cushion cleaner as well!
Check out my Mexican Heather Willow Topiary. This is the perfect gift for that favorite gardener in your life.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, You Tube, and Tik Tok to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™!
BethMay 7, 2023 7:09 pm
I can not wait to make these. Just finished my browned butter and my kitchen smells like a bakery. Thank you Jennifer for all you share.
RockyMay 7, 2023 7:10 pm
This cookie is amazing! Decadent perfection.
BethMay 29, 2023 3:55 pm
Holy Yum! Made These for Memorial Day Weekend. They disappeared within the hour!