J Dub’s Boozy Brownie Bites will make a statement at the dessert table any time of the year.
These are an adult only dessert, but you can easily swap out the Baileys for cream cheese if kids are included in the party.
I use a boxed brownie mix and just swap out some of the ingredients.
In fact, I think you would be hard pressed to tell they are not scratch thanks to a few of my secret switch-a-roos
I recommend swapping the oil for butter.
Add an additional egg.
And, my combo of strong coffee and whole milk kicks the blah water to the curb.Print
1 box Ghirardelli Triple Fudge Brownie Mix
1/8 cup whole milk
1/8 cup strong coffee
1/4 cup melted butter, make sure it has cooled off so that it does not cook your eggs.
1/4 cup Baileys
Mini muffin liners
Ghirardelli melting chocolate wafers ( I used dark chocolate)
- Substitute 1/4 cup butter for the vegetable oil.
- Substitute 1/8 cup coffee and 1/8 cup whole milk for the water.
- Add an additional egg.
- Bake the brownies according to the directions. I removed my brownies from the oven at 35 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Once cooled, crumbled the brownies in a food processor or blender.
- Add 1/4 cup Baileys and mix to incorporate. You can substitute 4 ounces softened cream cheese if you do not want alcohol in the brownie bites.
- Scrape the brownie mixture out of the food processor and put in a bowl in the freezer for approximately to allow it to set up and not be sticky.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Once the mixture has firmed up in the freezer, using an ice cream scoop, shape the mixture into bite size balls.
- Place the cookie sheet back in the freezer and allow the balls to freeze for at least 3 hours. I have even let mine chill overnight in the freezer.
- Melt the Ghirardelli chips in a double boiler.
- Once the chips are melted, removed the brownie truffles from the freezer and quickly dip them in the melted chocolate before placing them back on the wax paper. I just plop them in and scoop them out with a spoon.
- Do a few at a time because they harden quickly. You want to have time to cover them in chopped pecans or your favorite sprinkles.
- Repeat this process with the remaining truffles.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, placed them in a mini muffin liner.
- Store in the fridge.
- These are great for any time of year, just change out your sprinkles to fit the occasion.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes (plus cool time for brownies)
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
Let me know how you plan to use these fabulous Boozy Brownie Bites! Drop me a comment and let me know what you add to your brownies to make them taste from scratch!
Need Some Appetizer Ideas?
Have you tried my Queso for a Crowd? It is the BOMB!
Serve my hot spinach artichoke dip and watch it disappear in no time flat!
My dill pickle dip is the also BOMB! It is the perfect dip all year long if you love tangy……if you don’t eat it all before your guests arrive.
Monterey Jack Salsa is another great crowd favorite. Your friends will be begging you to share this awesome dip recipe.
Looking for Main Dish Recipes?
I believe everyone should be able to create at least one authentic homemade Mexican dish. Here’s one your family will be begging y9ou to make……. J Dub’s famous Mexican Beef!
My Chicken Pot Pie is another family favorite. You can make one large pie, or whip it up in individual crocks. Decorate it with seasonal cookie cut outs, and BAM, you are a super star chef!
Check Out These DIY’s!
Have you seen my DIY Faux Orchid Arrangement? You can re-create this floral stunner using your own container and your guests will be wondering if this arrangement is actually real because it is so life-like.
My before and after Bedroom Refresh takes my college kiddo’s bedroom up a few notches.
I created a Footed Stool using materials I already had laying around my workroom. You won’t believe what I used for the legs of the stool.
Did you see my Pampas Grass Christmas Tree?
Instead of a tree, you can also use a round sphere and create a totally different shape for any season of the year.