J Dub’s Blueberry Pie Filling is the easiest from scratch filling to make.
4 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp corn starch
Pinch of kosher salt
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat blueberries on medium to medium low heat stirring regularly as blueberries start to break down and create juice.
- This will take approximately 15 minutes. Make sure to leave some blueberries intact and holding their shape.
- Turn off heat.
- Add sugar and cornstarch to blueberries.
- Allow the pie filling cool approximately 30 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the filling and stir.
- Continue to allow to cool.
- Pour the blueberry pie filling into a jar and refrigerate until ready to use in Blueberry Banana Pie.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry pie filling