J Dub’s Blueberry Pie Filling is perfect for my Blueberry Banana Pie. This pie filling is also great at breakfast on toast and/or biscuits.
4 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp corn starch
Pinch of kosher salt
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
INSTRUCTIONS FOR J DUB’s BLUEBERRY PIE FILLING
- Heat blueberries on medium to medium low heat stirring regularly as blueberries start to break down and create juice.
- This will take approximately 15 minutes. Make sure to leave some blueberries intact and holding their shape.
- Turn off heat.
- Add sugar and cornstarch to blueberries.
- Allow the pie filling cool approximately 30 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the filling and stir.
- Continue to allow to cool.
- Pour the blueberry pie filling into a jar and refrigerate until ready to use in Blueberry Banana Pie.
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission. If you don’t feel comfortable with this, you can do a google search (instead of clicking on my links) to find my recommendations. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website.