My blueberry muffins are easy to make and a great addition to the weekend brunch table.
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar (198 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (240 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (114 grams) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (255 grams) blueberries
- 1 banana
- approximately 7–8 teaspoons of my homemade Blueberry pie filling
- a few tablespoons of Turnbinado sugar
- Beat butter and sugar together until combined
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat just until incorporated
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Mix in flour and milk, alternating each one. Do not over mix.
- Add in vanilla
- Line the bottom of muffin tin with a small amount of the blueberryless batter. This keeps the blueberries from sinking to the bottom.
- Now fold the blueberries into the remaining batter.
- Fill muffin tins halfway full,
- Add three small slices of banana.
- Then Fill three quarters full.
- Swirl in a little of the blueberry filling using a skewer or chopstick.
- Lightly sprinkle with turbanado sugar and bake for 25 -30 minutes at 375, checking around 22 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 - 30 minutes
- Category: breads
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry muffins, blueberry banana muffins