My blueberry banana muffins are great for weekend brunch.
And, they also pack well in the kids’ school lunches.
I have included a tip in the recipe on how to keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffin tin.
If you are not into bananas, just leave them out. Or make half with bananas and half without.
This muffin recipe is based off “the Jordan Marsh Department Store” recipe published by King Arthur.
Then I give them that gorgeous swirl top with my homemade blueberry pie filling.Print
Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Total Time: 59 minute
- Yield: 14 muffins 1x
My blueberry muffins are easy to make and a great addition to the weekend brunch table.
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar (198 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (240 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (114 grams) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (255 grams) blueberries
- 1 banana
- approximately 7–8 teaspoons of my homemade Blueberry pie filling
- a few tablespoons of Turnbinado sugar
- Beat butter and sugar together until combined
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat just until incorporated
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Mix in flour and milk, alternating each one. Do not over mix.
- Add in vanilla
- Line the bottom of muffin tin with a small amount of the blueberryless batter. This keeps the blueberries from sinking to the bottom.
- Now fold the blueberries into the remaining batter.
- Fill muffin tins halfway full,
- Add three small slices of banana.
- Then Fill three quarters full.
- Swirl in a little of the blueberry filling using a skewer or chopstick.
- Lightly sprinkle with turbanado sugar and bake for 25 -30 minutes at 375, checking around 22 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 – 30 minutes
- Category: breads
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry muffins, blueberry banana muffins
Drop me a comment below and let me know what you think of my Blueberry Banana Muffins.
Pin For Later!
Looking for More Recipes?
Have you tried my Carrot Cake Banana Bread? It is outstanding – and you can leave it naked or ice it with my light vanilla cream cheese icing.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your Easter brunch. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
J Dub’s Whatever Cookies – Easter Addition are a fun cookie to make with the kiddos.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at Easter brunch or at your next pool party.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite.
My roasted vegetable pie is a great side dish to incorporate all your summer garden vegetables.
Have you seen how I planted my indoor Arbequina Olive Tree? This is a great DIY that will work for just about any tree, even a faux one.
Check out my method to clean all your glass surfaces. You can say goodbye to Windex forever.
Check out my Mexican Heather Willow Topiary. This is the perfect gift for that favorite gardener in your life.
If you are looking for a new wreath for your front door, my moss wreath DIY is definitely a statement maker.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, You Tube, and Tik Tok to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™!
VanessaMarch 28, 2023 1:57 pm
Our family loves these. I make half with banana and half without. And they are gone in 24 hours.
BrendaApril 16, 2023 2:51 pm
I made These for the family this morning. Delicious!