J Dub’s Blue Cheese and Ranch Buffalo Chicken Sandwich takes the perfect crunch of my fried chicken tender sandwich to the next level.
For just a few reasons…..
Homemade ranch dressing
Beautiful blue cheese crumbles
Frank’s wing sauce
Pickled red onions
Crunchy dill pickles
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- 4–6 thin cut chicken breasts
- Enough avocado or peanut oil to fill a cast iron skillet 2 inches deep
- Hamburger buns, toasted (I use Ball Park Everything Burger Bun)
- Small dill pickles, cut in half lengthwise
- blue cheese crumbles
- butter or iceberg lettuce
- purple pickled onions
- homemade ranch dressing (I use McCormick’s 3 in 1 Ranch Seasoning)
- Frank’s Wing Sauce
Marinade For Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 green onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Wing Sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Batter for Chicken
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Seasoning Salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
Instructions for Marinade
- Place all marinade ingredients including your chicken into a zip lock bag or large bowl and allow to marinate all day or overnight.
Instructions for Pickled Onions
- Slice a red onion and place in a quart jar.
- Bring 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar to a boil.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey and a dash of red pepper flakes.
- Stir to mix.
- Pour mixture over red onions.
- Allow to cool before placing lid on jar.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Instructions for Ranch Dressing
- Follow the directions on the packet or container. Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl and allow to chill until ready.
Instructions for Batter
- Add flour, corn starch, and baking powder to medium sized bowl and whisk together.
- Add spices.
- Mix again.
Coating and Cooking Chicken
- Remove marinated chicken from bag or bowl and place in a clean bowl.
- Do not discard your marinade.
- Place the marinade in a separate bowl and add 1/2 cup buttermilk to it.
- Dip each chicken piece in the flour mixture and then dip in the buttermilk marinade.
- Dip the floured chicken piece back into the the flour before placing on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- While you are dipping the chicken, heat the oil in your cast iron skillet.
- Place chicken (do not crowd) into the skillet and fry for approximately 5 minutes.
- Using tongs, flip the chicken and fry on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place on a wire rack over a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with course sea salt.
- Place the rack in a 250 degree Fahrenheit oven to keep warm while you repeat this process with the remaining chicken.
Assemble the Sandwich
- Spread each toasted side of the bun generously with the homemade ranch dressing.
- Place a piece of butter lettuce on the bottom half of bun.
- Place 4-6 pickle slices on top of the lettuce.
- Place the 1 chicken breast on top of the pickles.
- Sprinkle the chicken generously with blue cheese crumbles, a drizzle of ranch dressing, and a drizzle of wing sauce.
- Add purple pickled onions over the blue cheese crumbles.
- Place the top bun over the chicken.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (8 hours chill time for chicken)
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
Drop me a comment below and tell me how much you love my Blue Cheese Ranch Buffalo Chicken Sandwich.
Here are some more great sandwich ideas.
If buffalo chicken isn’t your thing, then I am sure my perfectly battered chicken tender sandwich will work for you.
Check out my take on the viral grinder sub sandwich.
Definitely check out my Summer Berry and Peach Galette. The crust is absolutely amazing!
My Strawberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake gets rave reviews.
If you love pineapple and coconut, you definitely want to bake up my Piña Colada Pound Cake.
Looking For Some DIY’s?
I’ve got you covered for fall and Christmas.
Check out my DIY Fall Table using Wood Remnants to set the most perfect Thanksgiving table – indoor or outside.
If you are looking for a centerpiece for your table that is not only easy, but WOW worthy, check out my floating candle floral centerpiece.
Christmas will be here before you know it. So check out my recommendations for lighting and decorating your Christmas tree.
For your front door, you don’t want to miss my tutorial on making your own Christmas swags.
And these bottle brush trees will be adorable Christmas decor anywhere in your home.
Don’t forget to try my method to clean all your glass surfaces. You will never rely on Windex again.
Have you seen the DIY outdoor dining space I just completed?
Here’s another DIY furniture project where I also used wax. The finish is fabulous!.
Have you ever dried an artichoke? This DIY is so easy to complete. You will end up with the most gorgeous muted dried pieces to use in all your floral decor.
Have you seen my Aged Pot Tutorial? It’s a great way to transform any piece of pottery into an aged antique beauty!
And, don’t forget my fig topiary is the perfect gift for your favorite gardener.